Pregnancy has its perks—including people showering you with praise, like “You’re glowing!” and “That baby bump is beautiful!” But sometimes carrying a bun in the oven can be exhausting. Ditch the stress, find ways to relax, and bring on the excitement, because in nine months or less, your little one will arrive!
- Relieve tension. Your pregnant body can experience aches and pains. Treat yourself to a prenatal massage or foot rub with our Relaxation Massage Oil. Your body will thank you for it!
- Drink up. Remember: You’re hydrating for two now. Savor the flavor of minty-fresh water with a drop of Peppermint Vitality essential oil. If you’re in the mood for a taste of citrus, try a drop of Lemon Vitality essential oil!*
- Satisfy your taste buds. Sometimes you crave the oddest foods. Treat your taste buds with a healthy snack like our DIY no-bake energy balls.* You can’t go wrong with a burst of tangerine and chocolate—yum!
- Refresh your senses. Strong odors can cause terrible nausea during pregnancy. We recommend keeping your favorite essential oil in your purse. When you come across a bad smell, pop out your favorite essential oil—maybe Spearmint or Eucalyptus Globulus; take a sniff and slowly breathe in and out.
- Get some sleep. Uncomfortable positions, multiple trips to the restroom, and restless thoughts make pregnancy more exhausting. Try some light stretching before bed and diffuse Peace & Calming® for a nighttime routine.
- Prepare early. Avoid the last-minute stress of getting everything baby-ready. Start early and move at an easy pace in the weeks leading up to delivery by washing some clothes, tidying up the nursery, and prepping meals so you can enjoy the last few days before the baby arrives!
- Talk it through. You’re going to have a ton of questions about your pregnancy and what to do after your baby arrives. No need to worry; just talk about it. Sit down with your health care practitioner, your mom, or your partner and get all your fears out in the open. Remember: It’s normal to have pre-baby jitters, but you’ll do great!
- Pamper your skin. Pregnancy hormones can cause breakouts. Use our DIY face mask for a fresh, clean face. Kick back, listen to relaxing music, and let our products do the work!
- Find your center. Clear your mind with some light yoga. For an enriching experience, diffuse calming oils like Stress Away or Sacred Sandalwood to keep your worries at bay.
- Put your feet up. If your dogs are barkin’—and I’m not talking about your pet—then treat yourself to a much-needed foot soak. Mix ¼ cup of Epsom salt, 2 drops of Copaiba essential oil, and 2 drops of Lavender essential oil to blend in your bath tub. Dip your feet in for 15-30 minutes and enjoy!
- Say encouraging words. The thought of giving birth can be scary. Remind yourself that you’re strong and you can do this! If that doesn’t work, think about cradling that precious babe in your arms; works like a charm!
- Enjoy the process. You have a baby on the way, so pin baby clothes on your Pinterest wall, read nursery books, and get excited to meet the little one you’ve been carrying for months.
Learn what oils to use during each trimester here, and check out our blog to create a gentle, pleasant nursery environment with essential oils. For information on how to dilute essential oils for babies, click here.
What is your favorite way to relax during pregnancy?
Let us know in the comments!
*Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use with infants.
Source: Young Living Blog