You don’t need fancy soaps and serums to create a luxurious and relaxing experience. This Lavender-Oatmeal Bath Soak is simple, inexpensive, and packed with amazing skin benefits. Oats help soothe and repair dry, itchy, and irritated skin, making them a staple in many all-natural beauty products. Epsom salt helps relieve tension in muscles and Tea Tree offers all-natural, gentle cleansing. Lavender and Frankincense essential oils create a relaxing and spiritually uplifting atmosphere and can even help enhance the look of healthy skin.
DIY Lavender-Oatmeal Bath Soak Recipe
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Grind oats in a food processor or coffee grinder into a fine flour-like texture.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until oils are evenly distributed.
- Store in a glass jar and use about 1 cup of mixture per bath.
Tip: Create a pouch for your mixture using a sock or pantyhose to reduce floating oatmeal flakes in your bath.
Try this blend or experiment with any combination of 30 drops of aromatic/topical essential oils. These are some of our other favorites for skin:
- Manuka Essential Oil
- Jasmine Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
What are your favorite ways to use essential oils to help you unwind after a long day? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Source: Young Living Blog