There are many different compound butter variations. Ours features the herbs rosemary and chives alongside shallots and Maldon flaky sea salt. It’s easy to make and will delight your guests!
- 1 stick grass-fed butter, unsalted
- ½ shallot, diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Maldon flaky sea salt (or Himalayan)
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature.
- When softened, add the butter, shallot, rosemary, chives and sea salt to a food processor. Mix until thoroughly combined and specks of ingredients are shown in the butter.
- Scoop the butter onto saran wrap or parchment paper and roll into a log. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but best if chilled overnight.
Besides using it on a protein like steak or grilled fish, it can also be used as a spread for baked goods. It’s also a perfect topping for a baked potato or sweet potato.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Topping
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 pat (11g)
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: herbed compound butter, compound butter recipe