Now more than ever, we’re recognizing the importance of self-care. Taking time out of your daily routine to listen to your thoughts and slow down may be just what you need to unwind.
Letting go of the troubles of everyday life doesn’t require a beach vacation or a lavish day spa. With a few meditation exercises and the aroma of calming essential oils, you can create a peaceful space where you can destress from the day.
Here are six simple ideas you can try today to help you relax and unwind.
Lavender, ever heard of it?
The scent of day spas, relaxing foot creams, and yoga studios, Lavender is the first aroma that comes to mind when it’s time to unwind. Why? Because the aroma promotes tranquility, creates calmness in restless environments, and can help clear the mind.
Here are some ways to create the at-home spa of your dreams with Lavender essential oil:
- Tend to tired muscles by mixing V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex with a drop of Basil and massaging into shoulders.
- Diffuse in the children’s rooms with an added drop of Vetiver before little ones settle down for the night.
- Add a dose of calm to commutes with a drop or two in your Car Vent Diffuser.
- Infuse your moisturizer with a few drops of Lavender for second-to-none skin benefits.
Take a journaling journey
Whether you need a safe space to vent or you think more clearly when your thoughts are put on paper, journaling can be cathartic. Many of us process events and emotions through pen and paper, so write it all down! Record the good, the bad, and everything in between. Make sure you include encouraging words to yourself—you deserve all the love.
YL tip: Place a drop of Bergamot or Patchouli on the page before you get started. Patchouli’s aroma inspires feelings of balance, and Bergamot has a calming scent to help you forget your stresses. Let the positivity guide your pen to paths of peace and resolve.
If you are feeling tightly wound, breathing exercises, meditation, and mindfulness can help you unwind and clear your mind of worry and anxiety.
When paired with mindful practice, aromas can signal to your brain that it’s time to let go of stress and tense energy. Level up your spiritual study or meditation with these calming essential oils:
- Apply a drop of Frankincense to the middle of your forehead before meditating to promote feelings of tranquility during your practice.
- Diffuse Sacred Sandalwood during meditation or prayer to encourage spiritual well-being.
- Add a drop of Ylang Ylang essential oil to your palm, rub your hands together, cup over your nose, and breathe in. The aroma’s heart note evokes calming, relaxing, and comforting properties.
Explore more ways to train your brain to take a breather with these mindfulness tips.
Roll on relaxation
Take a break from a chaotic day with Stress Away, Tranquil®, and Peace & Calming® roll-ons. Their names say it all! Calm, relax, and balance are what these oil blends’ aromas do best. Not only that, but you can roll them on anytime, anywhere. These roll-ons are pre-diluted and ready to apply when you are. Stash them in your bag to use on the go or keep in your desk drawer or bedside table for easy access.
Sleep is critical. Missing out on valuable sleep can have a damaging effect on a healthy lifestyle. Here are some ideas to cash in on all the z’s you can get:
- Turn off screens an hour before you turn in. This will let your mind know it’s time to wind down.
- Experience the calm of consistency by sticking to a bedtime routine. Here are some ideas to find the best bedtime routine for you and your family.
- Diffuse Valerian on your night table or apply a drop to the bottoms of your feet before climbing into bed. Let the earthy aroma ease restlessness.
When in doubt, diffuse it out
Nothing is quite as stress relieving as filling the air around you with calming essential oils. Diffuse oils with peace-invoking properties to boost your mood when you’re facing everyday challenges. Try this joyful diffuser blend; its bright and cheerful aroma will have you replacing stress with smiles!
Happy Place diffuser blend
Find your happy place with this blissful citrus blend. Sprinkles of Orange, Lemon, and Grapefruit will inspire positive thinking with their lively aromas. A touch of Roman Chamomile’s calming and relaxing scent will add a note of sweet apple to top off this sunny “fruit salad” diffuser blend.
The post Let it go: 6 simple ways to unwind with essential oils appeared first on Young Living Blog.
Source: Young Living Blog