One of springtime’s most underrated seasonal treats is baby potatoes. Delicate, flavorful, and bite-sized, they’re right at home nestled next to a sandwich or veggie burger. Looking to impress at your first barbecue of the year? Take 35 easy minutes and get cooking with essential oils! Toss together our recipe for roasted baby potatoes with lemon dill sauce, created by Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen. This recipe brings together herbs, Dill Vitality™, and Lemon Vitality for a side dish that will make your cookout guests forget about French fries with their grilled favorites.
- 2 pounds small fingerling potatoes in assorted colors, well scrubbed
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup plain coconut or dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 drops Dill Vitality
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 20–30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until fork tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Toss the warm roasted potatoes in a large bowl with lemon zest and fresh chopped dill to coat.
- Serve with lemon dill sauce on the side. To make them an appetizer, you can serve each potato with lemon dill sauce dollops on top, spearing them with a cocktail fork or toothpick.
What are your signature essential oil recipes to serve at a barbecue or get-together? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Young Living Blog