The warm, woodsy aroma of Sandalwood essential oil is a favorite of spas, perfumers, and yogis—and quite a few of us here at Young Living. In fact, we love it so much that we have two varieties available: Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood®* and Sacred Sandalwood.
Why not settle for one Sandalwood and call it good? Because these two sweetly scented oils are more like cousins than clones. Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and Sacred Sandalwood are similar, but each has a unique origin and aroma that makes it ideal for certain uses!
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
Where it comes from: Santalum paniculatum from the Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project on the Big Island of Hawaii
Scent: Sweet, woodsy, and bright
How to use Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood:
- Infuse 1 cup of Epsom salt with 10 drops of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood to turn your bathtub into your own personal spa.
- Unwind at the end of the day with a few drops of this gentle scent in a massage oil.
- Inspire feelings of spiritual connection before and after moments of quiet contemplation by holding the bottle to your nose and inhaling deeply.
- Imagine yourself on sunny shores as you diffuse in your car during your commute, after school pickup, or running errands.
Where it comes from: Santalum album transplanted from its native India to the Down Under Sandalwood Farm in Australia
Scent: Warm, sultry, and soft
How to use Sacred Sandalwood:
- Inspire passion by using Sacred Sandalwood as an elegant personal fragrance. Apply it on your wrists or over your heart.
- Add a drop or two of this precious oil to your daily moisturizer to promote radiant-looking skin.
- Incorporate the aroma into your stretching routine or morning yoga to invoke a greater sense of connection with the earth.
- Diffuse Sacred Sandalwood to invoke a feeling of confidence.
Now that you know the differences between Young Living’s Sandalwood essential oils, learn more about our trio of Eucalyptus oils!
Have you tried both Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and Sacred Sandalwood?
Which is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
*Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood is a trademark of Jawmin, LLC.
The post Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood vs. Sacred Sandalwood: Why to keep both in your collection appeared first on Young Living Blog.
Source: Young Living Blog