Spearmint is a perennial plant which came from the Mediterranean. It has been used by the ancient Greeks as bath to help relieve symptoms of mouth sores, STD, and to whiten teeth. In Ayurveda practice, it is used to relieve migraine, skin disorders, and indigestion. To date, Spearmint essential oil is still effective in treating flatulence, wounds, infections, spasms, vomiting, dysmenorrheal, and other conditions associated with pre-menstrual syndrome. It can also be used as part of insect repellents.
Spearmint is a more preferred option than Peppermint to be used for kids because it is milder. It can be combined with benzoin, basil, eucalyptus, lavender, jasmine, lemon, peppermint, rosemary, and orange.
Spearmint Essential Oil can be used in several ways
- add in a diffuser and inhale its aroma for refreshing mood
- to prevent gingivitis and eliminate bad breath, mix with toothpaste before brushing
- to prevent indigestion, add a few drops to food or drinks before eating
- drink water with a drop or two of spearmint essential oil during stomach ache episodes
- to boost self confidence, massage diluted spearmint oil on solar plexus or over the heart
- to enhance the flavor of iced tea, you may add one to four drops of spearmint
- to suppress craving, mix together 1 drop Spearmint, 3 drops Grapefruit, 3 drops Lemon, and 1 drop Ylang Ylang essential oils.
- to make your own minty toothpaste, add 5-10 drops each of Spearmint and Peppermint essential oils to 3 Tbsp coconut oil and 3 Tbsp Baking Soda
- to make Spearmint mouth wash, Add 4 drop Spearmint, 2 drops Wild Orange and 2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oils to 4 oz of water
Get Your Spearmint Essential Oil Now!
Spearmint is a really nice alternative option instead of using peppermint all the time. I some time use it on my and Temples when I have a headache or all mix it with some lavender or orange for a nice blend in my diffuser. It smells just like spearmint gum but like 100 times more potent. I love it it's very refreshing and as nice way to wake up in the morning.
Check Out All The Most Popular Essential Oils Now!