Nothing says picnic or family gathering like a good potato salad. However, the traditional recipe can be hard to travel with, think of all that mayonnaise, and can be heavy on the stomach. For a new, lighter spin on this traditional picnic food favorite, try our spicy potato salad recipe. Infused with Coriander, Lime, and Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oils and fresh herbs, this salad packs a delightful punch of flavor.
- 6 medium-sized gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 drops of Coriander Vitality™ Essential Oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 drops of Lime Vitality™ Essential Oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality™ Essential Oil
- 1 cup dried Wolfberries
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 packed cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes until soft, but not mushy.
- Drain the potatoes, dry them, and cube them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried wolfberries. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the turmeric.
- Toss in the potatoes, and mix well to coat. Add the fresh cilantro, parsley and dill. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix 2 tablespoon of olive oil with all the Vitality Essential Oils. Drizzle over the potato salad until fully mixed.
- Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Top with more red pepper flakes and the remaining fresh herbs.
- You can serve this potato salad warm or at room temperature.
What’s your favorite spin on a traditional recipe when cooking with essential oils? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Young Living Blog