Spruce tree comes from the Pinaceae family where Larch, Hemlock, Cathaya, and Pine trees belong. Spruce is an evergreen conifer with thorn-like blue green leaves from which Spruce essential oil is extracted. This oil has a lot of medicinal properties that can treat skin rashes, boils, burns, cuts, and abrasions. The ancient Americans usually blend spruce oil with alum and honey to address such skin conditions.
Spruce essential oil can help in the management of a variety of health problems such as bacterial infections, colds, cough, flu, muscle spasms, certain cancers, swelling, arthritis, and general body pains. With its woodsy, fresh, and invigorating aroma, it can alleviate stress and tension. It also has properties that clear the mind of fear, worry, and anxiety.
During winter months, seasonal ailments like flu attack like crazy so better keep spruce oil handy during this season. It can be an effective remedy for nasal congestion when diffused. Also, by diffusing in the office, it can serve as air freshener and disinfectant while giving you more enthusiasm to be focused and productive at work. It would make a perfect impact by blending with lavender and rosemary oils.
As previously mentioned, it has calming and soothing properties which can help whenever you feel a sudden attack of panic or nervousness. Simply rub a few drops in your palm and sniff from it deeply while eyes are closed. When you are tired and sore from heavy workout or after a stressful day at work, dilute spruce oil and massage all over the body giving special attention to muscle bulks.
Spruce oil is a favorite add-on in bubble baths, air fresheners, and household cleaning aids due to its fresh scent and antiseptic properties. It is also normally used in yoga, meditation, and other rituals that focus on relieving stress and emotional fatigue. Spruce essential oil is really packed with essential health advantages specifically for the endocrine and hormonal functions of the body.
Here are some of its proven medicinal breakthroughs
- it promotes stronger immunity against common ailments
- it can regulate some discomfort associated with hyperthyroidism such as hyperactivity and excessive sweating
- It gives the mind and the sympathetic nervous system a better and wiser option on how to react during an emergency or assault scenario
- it has bronchodilatory properties that are crucial for asthma attack or difficulty of breathing
- it can loosen phlegm and expel it
- it relieves acne, zits, breakouts, comedone, rashes, eczema, and dermatitis
- it has antifungal attributes which can get rid of ringworm, candidiasis, onychomycosis, and athlete’s foot
Get Your Spruce Essential Oil Now!
The smell reminds me of when I lived in Alaska! A clean, earthy, woodsy smell that is both invigorating and inviting. I've used it to make soap; to simmer in water and applied it directly to the soles of my feet to help boost my immunity & fight chest congestion during these friggin' sub-zero Arctic Blasts Winter is so brutally throwing our way lately.