Star Anise is an Asian plant which the Romans brought to Europe until it reached North America. This herb tastes like licorice and is usually used as a food ingredient and herbal medicine. It has diuretic, expectorant, and antiflatulence properties. In fact, some pharmaceuticals include Star Anise to the components of their throats and cough medicines.
Other uses of Star Anise Oil include:
- Relief of pain
- Disinfects cuts and abrasion to prevent secondary infection
- Provides sedation to those having epileptic episodes or insomnia
- Loosens phlegm and expels it out to clear the airways
- Star Anise and its essential oil can be used as food preservatives for processed meats
- Increases breastmilk supply due to it phytoestrogen content
- Works as an aphrodisiac
- Good for oral health to control bad breath, tooth decay, and gingivitis
- Can get rid of head lice and repel insects
- Its aroma is appropriate for perfumery, making of soaps, creams, and even scented candles
Here are several Star Anise recipes you can do at home:
- Add 2-3 drops in diffuser to relieve hiccups
- Gargle a mixture of 1-2 drops Star Anise with warm water to combat bad breath
- Inhale from a cloth dampen with 2-3 drops Star Anise to relieve vomiting, dizziness, and migraine
- Combine 5 drops Star Anise with 1 tbsp almond oil and massage to abdomen to relieve flatulence
- Treat dysmenorrhea using 2-3 drops Star Anise diluted in carrier oil and massage
- For flu, asthma attack, and colds, diffuse or use in steam inhalation 2-3 drops of Star Anise
Star Anise essential oil and all other essential oils for that matter, should be diluted first before diffusing or used topically because they may cause allergic reactions especially to sensitive skin. Good examples of carrier oil that blends well with Star Anise are jojoba, almond, and wheat germ oils.
Get Your Star Anise Essential Oil Now!
Smells lovely and works great for canine scent training. A little goes a very long way.
|AWS Access Key ID: AKIAI3KEUMGSX6F64C4Q. You are submitting requests too quickly. Please retry your requests at a slower rate.