Beat the heat with these leftover watermelon recipes! Take that watermelon left over from your last picnic or barbecue and turn it into a cool, naturally sweet summertime treat. Add delicious Vitality oils to give that leftover watermelon an extra zing that will leave you smacking your lips all season.
This light, refreshing citrus treat is perfect for cooling you down even on the hottest summer days while satisfying that sweet tooth. With only a few ingredients, it’s simple to make and incredibly delicious!
YL tip:Watermelon gets naturally sweeter once frozen. If you like it even sweeter, add some maple syrup or honey.
1. Cut watermelon into cubes, remove seeds if necessary, and freeze for 4–6 hours or overnight.
2. Add frozen watermelon to a food processor. Pulse until the texture is fine and slightly crumbly.
3. Add whipped cream and Lime Vitality. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
4. Eat right away for a soft, smooth consistency. If you prefer a firmer consistency, pour it into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1–2 hours before serving.
Mix it up with a dash of playfulness by creating your own watermelon “pizza” slices! Whip up a delicious Vitality-infused cream cheese icing for a sweet, tangy topping that you can decorate with your favorite fruits, berries, seeds, and more. Mix and match your favorite flavors and enjoy the endless combinations!
Lemon Vitality cream cheese icing ingredients:
4 tablespoons cream cheese
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to your desired sweetness)
1. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it soften for 10 minutes before using.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on low speed for 5–10 seconds to incorporate the ingredients together. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the blender’s sides.
3. Blend on high in five-second intervals, scraping the sides between each interval. It should take about 20–30 seconds of interval blending until you reach a fluffy, whipped consistency. Avoid overmixing because the cream can eventually turn to butter if you go overboard.
How to make your “pizza”:
1. Cut your watermelon into ½–1-inch rounds to create your “pizza” crust base.
2. Drizzle, spread, or pipe the cream cheese icing onto the watermelon.
3. Top with your favorite fruits, berries, and more. Some of our favorite toppings are strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, kiwi slices, raspberries, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. Get creative and personalize your pizza to your own taste!
4. Once you have all of your toppings on, cut the watermelon into 4–6 equal slices and enjoy this yummy treat!
4. If using mozzarella balls instead of feta, cut them into quarters.
5. Add everything into a large bowl.
6. In a separate smaller container, combine your olive oil, Vitality oils, salt, and pepper. Mix and pour over watermelon and other ingredients.
7. Toss the salad until everything is evenly incorporated. Serve and enjoy!
YL tip: If you want to give the salad more acidity and complexity, replace the 2 tablespoons olive oil with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.