The idea of a chocolate mug cake is to whip up an easy, decadent single-serving of cake in just minutes, typically with the help of a microwave. Here’s a healthier version but done in an oven. Much better all around!
- ¼ cup dark chocolate (minimum 70% cacao), chopped
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place oven-safe mugs in the oven while preheating.
- In a small sauce pan, melt dark chocolate and butter.
- Pour chocolate mixture in a small mixing bowl.
- Add in coconut flour, cassava flour, baking powder, sea salt and egg and whisk until well combined.
- Carefully remove mug from the oven and pour mixture into the mug. Place back in the oven.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (128g)
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 367mg
- Fat: 32.6g
- Saturated Fat: 19.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 195mg
Keywords: chocolate mug cake recipe, chocolate cake in a mug